Can a human survive without sleep? How many bones human have? Well, this type of question is aroused in our mind. This human body facts article from WellnessHorizon is decorated with some amazing fact about the human body. So let’s start.
Human body facts
Human is a unique species and got thousand of interesting body fact which other animals don’t have. So let’s check out some of these facts.
Human Ear Facts
- A human ear is a magical part which contains 24000 fibers in it. It is also the main organ of balance.
- An ear can hear in the frequency of 1000-50000 Hertz. On the other hand, it can distinguish hundreds of thousands of different type of sound.
- The ear never stops the process of hearing. Even you are in sleep, it works. Meanwhile, the brain ignores the incoming sound.
- If we eat too much, then the hearing process will be less sharp.
- The sound above 130 decibels will cause pain to the ear.
- Children got more sensitive ear than mature or adult.
- The circumferences of the inner ear are not large than a pencil eraser.
- The most interesting part about ear is it never stops growing in our whole lifetime.
- Our ear is responsible for the balance of the body. On the inner ear is directly connected with our brain.
Sleep/ Dreaming Facts
- When we are in sleep, we don’t have any sense of smell.
- Sleeping burns more calories than watching television.
- Sleeping less than 6 hour is not good for health. Thus, lack of sleep will reduce life expectancy.
- The research found out that colder room makes a chance to have a bad dream at night.
- Before a baby was born, they start dreaming in the womb of the mother.
- During the time of pregnancy, women dreamed these three- worms, frog and potted plant in the first trimester.
- Scientist finds out the higher I.Q., the more you will dream.
- The human can survive without eating for weeks but can survive without sleep.
- Most of the ordinary people sleep 122 days out of 365 days on average.
- A normal healthy person has four dreams in every night and around 1460 dreams in a year.
- An average person will fall asleep within seven minutes.
- At the age of 60, normally 60% of men and 40% of women snore.
- We release growth hormones in sleeping.
Human Bones, Muscles and Joints Facts:
- Our bones formulated with 31% water.
- Our bones are four times stronger than concrete.
- Some bone is stronger than steel.
- 14% of our weight is making up my bones.
- At birth, we have above 300 bones. But as we grow up, some of those bones fuse together. As a result, an adult has 206 bones in total.
- Jawbone is the hardest bone of the human body.
- The human skull has got 22 bones in it.
- The skeleton renews once after every three months.
- There are 600 muscles in our body.
- Though bones are as strong as steel, it is 50 times lighter than steel.
- About 72 muscles are interaction to produce human speech. On the other hand, it takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile.
- The thigh or femur is the longest bone in the body that has height is about quarter of ones.
- Only when we die, the heart muscles stops.
- To take one step, we use 200 muscles.
- The foot contains most of the bones of our body, almost 25%.
Facts about Organs
- The liver is a multifunctional organ which works more than 500 functions.
- The liver consist 10000 lobules or tiny clusters.
- A lung contains 700 million alveoli.
- Out of 10000 people, just one person has the internal organ or mirrored which is reversed from the normal position.
- The gut consists 1 kg or 2.2 Ibs of bacteria.
- A lung contains 300 to 350 million alveoli which are a respiratory unit.
- We get a very new stomach line after every three to four days.
- The kidneys contain 1 million nephron which works for filter out the wastage and liquids.
Children Body Facts
- The ability to learn of a child may increase or decrease up to 25%, depending on the stimulating environment.
- To stimulate the brain development, reading aloud is most helpful.
- Children got more sensitive ear than an adult person. At the same time, they got the better sense of smell.
- Children growth process is faster in the springtime.
- When adults lose 120 hairs per days, children lose only 90 hairs in a day.
Facts about Heart and Blood
- The aorta is the largest artery of the human body which is almost the diameter of a hose.
- A liver can process approximately 720 liters of blood in every day.
- Just a drop of blood is made up of 250 cells.
- About 440 gallons of blood has flowed through each kidney on every day.
- Blood is a thick element, which is six times thicker than regular water.
- Naturally, human blood has no color. A pigment is responsible for the red color of blood also called hemoglobin.
- Our blood has to go through the 60,000-mile journey in a single day.
- In a day, blood travel through a body of 12000 miles which is the four-time width of North America.
- Our body consists 30000 billion red blood cells.
Miscellaneous Body Facts
- We can’t sneeze if our eyes are open.
- Every person has a unique fingerprint and tongue print.
- Coughing and laughing creates much pressure on the spine than standing or walking.
- We feet got 50000 sweat glands.
- Our body creates enough heat, in only thirty minutes it can boil half a gallon of water.
- 10% of male and 8% of female are left-handed.
- An active, hardworking person sweats 4 gallons every day.
- An adult person is made up of 7 octillion atoms.
- Only human and dolphins are the species who do sex for their pleasure.
- Identical twins got identical DNA but don’t have identical fingerprints.
- Human is the only living animals on the earth who cry tears.
Hopefully, these human body facts will helpful for you. To wrap this up, we could say the human body is very distinguished from rest of the species. We hope you enjoyed our article. Thanks for being with us.